The course is designed to take children into the open water using through fun activities to develop skills required for open water swimming.
How to be safe in, on and around open water
- You don’t have to spend a fortune on gear but there are some basics which you will need.
- These include:
- Wetsuit – (supermarket brands are ok to start off with and information on swim wetsuits is available).
- Swimming togs.
- Rash Vest/or sports t-shirt for under your wetsuit.
- Swimming goggles.
- Swimming hat (right coloured)
- Ear plugs (optional)
- Swim socks and gloves (optional)
- Suitable shoes for walking to the waters edge
On the day
- Please ensure your children arrive with everything that they will need for the session
- Parents will be asked by the lake owner to sign their children in to the lake
- Please ensure your children do not enter the water without the Instructor present
Ellerton water park, Scorton, Richmond, North Yorkshire DL10 6AP
Cost: £20 per child
Contact details to book: Pauline Squire 07946498923 or email@example.com